Weed Spraying Service
There are many aspects to having and keeping your lawn healthy and green. One of the most important is having a lush blend of weedless grass for your lawn.
Technically, any plant that are growing where it “shouldn’t” be is considered a weed. Your grass of all places, shouldn’t contain weeds. They can quickly take over your yard if you don’t notice and take care of them effectively.
Apart from lawn pests, weeds are top offender of having a healthy lawn. There are hundreds of different types of weeds that could be found in your lawn, but we’ll go over a few of the most common.
- Dandelions are easily identifiable by their yellow flower. Toward the end of their life cycle, the flower becomes a fluffy white ball that contains the seeds.
- Goosegrass comes around each summer, with spindles coming out of a center point, which should be pulled out around the plant.
- There are a few different types of Clover, but most can be identified by their spherical flowers and jointed leaves.
- Dark green leaves and taller than normal appearance give the Sedge It usually contains three small leaves just below the seed head.
- Crabgrass has long leaves that are usually hairy in appearance. Crabgrass is very common in south Florida, this is another grass that should be pulled out and plug it with the correct type of sod you have.
- Morning Glory (bindweed)- long, twining vines make morning glory easy to spot. The leaves look like hearts or shovels.
- Barnyardgrass can grow up to 5 feet tall! It has a flat base and thick stems that lead up to smooth leaves and various colored seed bases.
Weed Treatment Options
You may be tempted to try to handle all of this on your own. If you have the time and are willing to read and study the different weeds and products in your area, it might be worth it. For most people, however, a call to a local lawn treatment and weed control service professional is a much better option.